Seed treatment provides protection against seed and soil borne diseases and pests from the earliest stage of development. These key seed technologies play a significant role in obtaining the best start for your crops. We work closely with INCOTEC BV International to develop new technologies and maintain high seed performance.
Elsoms offer an extensive range of products and processes; please contact a member of the team to discuss a package tailored to your specific requirements.
Our seed treatment options include:
- Increasing the speed of germination – A faster emergence can give a wide range of benefits.
- Uniform germination and establishment – Creating a more uniform crop.
- Better crop stands – Optimising marketable yield.
- High quality film coating to flow easily through machinery – Easy uniform drilling.
- Easily visible colour coded seed – Easy to see in the soil.
- Accurate application of PPPs* – An efficient and environmentally friendly way of aiding seedling growth.
- Virtually dust free, smooth coating – Safer for the environment and the user.
- Part way between a film coat and a pellet – More regular seed shape with the minimum amount of fillers, and easier to drill than film coated seeds.
- Increases the size, weight and uniformity of the seed – Maximises planting efficiency.
- An ideal way of loading PPPs* and their active ingredients onto seed – Key part of improving crop establishment.
Cleaning and grading
- Cleaner, healthier seed – Better emergence in the field.
- Uniform size and better seed drill performance – More even spacing in the field.
- Can remove germination inhibitors from the seed – Facilitating germination.
- Penetrates deep into the seed coat – Removes some seed borne pathogens.
*PPP: Plant Protection Product