Elsoms’ Open Days are incredibly important to us as they allow us to demonstrate our innovative portfolio to the vegetable industry while also giving our customers a chance to talk to our crop specialists and breeders about how we can best support them. This helps us to learn, improve, and work even more closely with growers.
Roger Keeling. Chairman of Elsoms Seeds.
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Burgundy (BE3047), which has produced outstanding results in recent trials, and has demonstrated a reduction in harvesting costs
- Two new varieties of Brussels Sprout, which come from the Elsoms/Bejo breeding programme
- BE3092 is an early maturing variety,
- BE3097 is a late variety with excellent vigour Savoy Cabbage BJ3052, a pre-Christmas variety with very good standing ability
- Kaluga, an attractive, Winter White Cabbage variety that has performed well in commercial trials and is suitable for long-term storage
- Delano, a 90-day maturing Broccoli with outstanding green colour that is suitable for fresh produce
- There will also be trial plots that include root crops, alliums and salad varieties, along with plots that display a range of catch and cover crops
We’ve got some great new varieties on show, and Elsoms’ Open Days are the perfect opportunity for growers to see them in the ground and ask questions of our crop specialists to find out more about how these varieties perform in specific settings.
Justin Solly, Head of Vegetable Sales at Elsoms