coronavirus (covid-19) business update
Dear Customers, Suppliers and Partners,
As we navigate these uncertain times, we want to reach out and assure you that Elsoms remain committed to being a fully operational business. We are working closely with our partner companies to ensure that we can deliver a wide range of crops, which are critical to maintaining the food supply chain within the UK.
We would like to reassure you that as a business we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as per the latest advice from the government, and continue to take precautions to prevent and contain the spread of the virus. In recent weeks, we have taken stringent measures throughout our business to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and business partners as well as ensuring the continued operation of the business and ongoing supply of high-quality seed to our customers. Our priority is to ensure that seed continues to be delivered to farmers and growers so that the country’s essential food supplies can be maintained.
Current measures in place include:
- Self-isolation - we are advising all employees to follow government guidelines and anybody experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or who has come into contact with anyone affected, must remain at home.
- Health and safety measures - we have reviewed our health, safety and cleaning regimes, briefed our teams on symptoms and are adhering to the latest advice from Public Health England on the preventative measures to stop the spread of infection. We have adopted a ‘no handshake policy’ and all staff members and visitors are required to remain a safe distance from one another.
- Working from home - during this time, we are enabling working from home, where possible, however all staff will be contactable by email and phone in the usual way and our switchboard is in operation as usual on 01775 715000.
- Travel and meetings - all non-critical business travel and external meetings have been postponed until further notice.
- Visitors to Elsoms - only essential meetings will take place on site and visitors will be required to complete a Coronavirus Visitors Checklist, at least 24 hours before their visit to Elsoms.
In this fast-moving environment, we are working tirelessly to ensure normal service is maintained. We understand that many of you may have questions. Our head office remains open should you require any assistance.
Please bear with us as we navigate these challenging circumstances.
We thank you for your patience and continued support.
Roger Keeling, Chairman