Seed Technology Researcher (KTP Associate)
An exciting opportunity has become available for a candidate with a postgraduate degree to develop more efficient bulk seed storage processes and seed ‘health’ monitoring capabilities within Elsoms Seeds Ltd by fully understanding what influences the quality, germination and vigour of seeds. This position is a 30 month fixed term contract, with a £5,000 dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
About Elsoms Seeds:
Elsoms Seeds is the UK’s leading independent breeder and supplier of agricultural and vegetable seeds. A large part of their business is focused on seed treatments and using innovative seed technology and processing to provide the highest quality of seed to their customers.
This position forms part of the Knowledge TransferPartnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
Please visit: http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/ktp
The successful candidate must possess:
- Experience working in a laboratory environment and handling of large datasets
- Basic knowledge of plant and seed physiology
- Experience analysing, interpreting and presenting experimental data
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Ability to use statistical packages for analysis of experimental data
- Strong oral, visual, and written communication and presentation skills, as well as project management experience
- You will be a good team worker, self-motivated, and interested in solving problems
Qualifications we require:
As a minimum, you will hold a Masters level Degree in Plant Science, Crop Science, or a similar discipline.A PhD in relevant subject is desirable.
Vacancy ref: 2677
Application closing date: 7th June 2018
Start date: TBC
Apply online quoting the vacancy ref no above; jobs.cranfield.ac.uk