Marketing and PR Executive
Elsoms Seeds, the UK’s leading independent plant breeder and seed specialist, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Marketing and PR Executive to join our rapidly growing business. This is a perfect position for someone currently working in a similar role or someone in a junior marketing role and looking to progress.
You will work closely with the Marketing and PR Manager to deliver marketing campaigns and events across Elsoms’ three business units of agriculture, vegetables and seed treatment, while driving the day-to-day marketing and PR activities.
Working closely with its suppliers that include Bejo Zaden, the leading Dutch vegetable seed breeder and SAATEN UNION, a global plant breeding company based in Germany, Elsoms has a unique combination of seed distribution, in-house seed treatment facilities and specialist breeding programmes, that provide an excellent all-round solution for its customers.
To be successful in this role you will have a degree in marketing/PR along with previous experience working in a marketing environment. You will need a sound understanding of the marketing mix. You must have a positive and enthusiastic approach to your work, be flexible and enjoy a challenge. The ability to be innovative, a problem solver and a good communicator is essential, along with having a good level of computer literacy. Occasional travel within the UK and Northern Europe may be required, and training will be provided where necessary.
- Develop and implement marketing and PR projects across all business units under the management of the Marketing and PR Manager
- Work closely with our marketing and PR agencies and contractors
- Ensure consistent implementation and maintenance of company brand guidelines in all activities
- Maintain close working relationships with our key business partners, including Bejo and Saaten Union
- Working within agreed budgets, deliver internal and external promotional events, taking care to track all associated costs and benefits
- Ensure the timely and highest-quality delivery of our digital and print communications for internal and external use, including websites, social media, leaflets, brochures, newsletters and press releases
- Develop and deliver an agreed social media content plan for the company
- Manage the proofing and sign-off process for all Elsoms communications
- Degree in Marketing and minimum two years’ experience working within a marketing team
- Chartered Institute of Marketing qualifications are an advantage
- Able to apply a range of marketing techniques and skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Able to coordinate projects and obtain assistance from our pool of administrators when necessary
- Commercial awareness
- Good eye for design and publicity image aesthetics
- Sound understanding of the print process
- Understanding of data protection issues
- Efficient in using computer applications and software
- Highly capable in planning, organizing, and budgeting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and focused when working under pressure
Salary will be commensurate with experience/relevant qualifications.
Benefits include 25 days holiday per annum, a contributory pension scheme and life insurance.
Please apply in the strictest confidence to:
Gwen Marshall, HR Manager
Elsoms Seeds Ltd.
Spalding PE11 1QG
Tel: (01775) 715012
or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details, please download the job description.