Breeding the Perfect Parsnip!
This is just one of the talks featured in our Root Crop Growers Evening, an event that we are joint co-hosting with Syngenta on 23rd February at the Marriott Hotel in Peterborough.
The evening event is an ideal opportunity for attendees to find out about the innovative research and development work incorporated into the Elsoms and Bejo parsnip and carrot breeding programmes. There will be updates about the latest agronomy recommendations, more information about Syngenta’s root crop portfolio and an interesting presentation about the latest weed control and crop management engineering solutions by Garford Farm Machinery.
Of particular interest to parsnip growers will be Dr Lauren Chappell’s latest research results relating to parsnip canker, information that we are incorporating into the Elsoms parsnip breeding programmes to successfully breed ever-increasingly disease resistant parsnips.
The agenda is as follows:
• Breeding for the Perfect Parsnip, Dr Richard Tudor and Dr Lauren Chappell of Elsoms Seeds
• Syngenta Root Crop Portfolio Update, Simon Jackson of Syngenta
• Bejo Carrot Breeding and Seed Technologies, Geert van Diepen of Bejo Zaden BV
• Engineering Solutions for Sustainable Weed Control and Crop Management, Philip Garford of Garford Farm Machinery Ltd
• Agronomy Update, Howard Hinds of Root Crop Consultancy Ltd
Time: 4.00pm registration and coffee for a prompt 4.30pm start.
Venue: Peterborough Marriott Hotel (Emperor Suite), Peterborough Business Park, Lynchwood, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 6GB.
The meeting will finish with supper.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please let us know your name, company name, event number, if you will be bringing any guests and if you would like an SMS reminder.
EVENT NUMBER: CMP-009835
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: 0800 0253454